Soccer News
Transfer News

Barcelona captain Lionel Messi blasts Inter Milan transfer links and Ronaldinho bail story as ‘fake news’

Lionel Messi has rubbished ‘fake news’ reports claiming he is set to leave Barcelona.

The Barcelona captain also denied paying former teammate Ronaldinho’s bail to free him from prison.

Lionel Messi’s Barcelona has been in doubt since clashing with the club’s board this season
AFP or licensors

Messi has been linked with summer moves to Inter Milan and Newell’s Old Boys after clashing with the Barcelona board this season.

In February, he hit back at sporting director Eric Abidal after he claimed the club’s players did not work hard enough under former boss Ernesto Valverde.

And last month, Messi slammed the board for ‘trying to put us under pressure to do something we always knew we would do’ in regard to Barcelona players taking pay cuts during the coronavirus pandemic.

That led to speculation over his future, which has clearly irked the 32-year-old along with suggestions he was the person who paid the money required to free Ronaldinho from jail.

Ronaldinho spent 32 days in a Paraguayan jail after allegedly using a fake passport, but was released on Tuesday thanks to a bond, believed to have cost £1.3million.

The Brazilian legend, who maintains his innocence, is on house arrest in a hotel while awaiting trial.

In an Instagram Story post, Messi branded the Inter Milan and Ronaldinho stories – which originated from TNT Sports – as ‘lie no.1’ and ‘lie no.2’.

He also quashed rumours of a potetial return to boyhood club Newell’s Old Boys, adding: “What they said about Newell’s Old Boys a few weeks ago is also false, thank God no one believed them…”

Lionel Messi denied the recent reports in an Instagram Story post
@leomessi | Instagram

Earlier this week, former Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti had claimed the Serie A giants had a chance of signing Messi.

He told Rai Sport: “It’s by no means an impossible dream. Perhaps it wasn’t before this situation, and I think there is an effort on the part of the owners to try and bring him to Inter.

“I’m not sure if this situation will change the objective positively or negatively, but it has disrupted everything.

“We can’t be overly opportunistic because exploiting this situation can rock football, but I think there is a possibility that we see rather strange things at the end of the season.”

But it appears there is little prospect of Messi moving to Inter, with the superstar determined to finish his career at the Camp Nou.


 

Related posts

Klopp has stunning secret Jota verdict which puts Liverpool pair in shadows

admin

Details of Lucas Torreira’s loan move to Atletico Madrid

admin

Man Utd plot ultimate Liverpool hijack after entering Thiago hunt

admin

Leave a Comment