Soccer News
Transfer News

Man Utd duo omitted from 25-man Premier League squad as January exits loom

Manchester United have omitted Phil Jones and Sergio Romero from their 25-man Premier League squad.

Defender Jones and goalkeeper Romero were both also left out of United’s Champions League squad earlier this month after falling out of favour under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Their omissions cast doubt over their long-term future at Old Trafford, with January exits on the cards.

Romero was tipped to join Everton, Aston Villa and Leeds in the latter stages of the summer window.


Subscribe to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


But ater a move failed to materialise, reports emerged that the stopper was willing to pay up his contract to force a free transfer move.

As for Jones, a report in the The Sun claims that United will let the player leave in January. However, they will only do so if their £20miilion valuation is met.

Meanwhile, Marcos Rojo, who is back at United following his loan spell with Estudiantes, is included in the Premier League squad along with new deadline-day signings Alex Telles and Edinson Cavani.

 

United star only focused on Milan

Diogo Dalot says he is only thinking about AC Milan while he is on loan there from Manchester United.

Dalot joined Milan on a season-long loan deal from United late in the summer transfer window. It brought an end to his two years at Old Trafford – temporarily, at least.

The Portugal Under-21 international managed just 20 Premier League appearances for United after arriving in England back in 2018. Injuries played their part in hampering his progress.

Now, he has an opportunity for a fresh start in Serie A. Dalot is yet to make his debut for Milan, having stayed on the bench for their win over rivals Inter at the weekend, but was presented to the media on Tuesday.

During his introductory press conference, the 21-year-old reflected on how he had developed at United, although admitting he still has room for improvement.

“When you play at an important club, you take away a lot of experience,” he said. “I hope to bring everything I have learned here.” Read more…

 

 

The post Man Utd duo omitted from 25-man Premier League squad as January exits loom appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Related posts

Euro Paper Talk: Man Utd open talks to sign 23-goal forward wanted by Arsenal, Newcastle; Kante bound for LaLiga

admin

Manchester United transfer news and gossip: Juventus ‘open talks’ with Pogba agent, Saul Niguez deal ‘practically closed’, latest on Sancho

admin

Bielsa confirms return of Leeds favourite as he discusses January transfers

admin

Leave a Comment