Soccer News
Transfer News

Solskjaer confirms decision looming over future of young Man Utd star

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is waiting to hear back from Angel Gomes after offering the teenager a new deal.

Gomes‘ current deal at Old Trafford at the end of June, with several rounds of talks held about an extension.

The 19-year-old, who made his debut in May 2017, has appeared six times for the first team this season.

“With Angel, he’s a top kid we’ve had at the club for so many years,” Solskjaer said.

“We’ve offered him a deal and hopefully he’ll take that and if not I wish him all the best.

“From what I understand it’s not too far away, if not we’ll wish him all the best.”

Reports claim Chelsea are keen on the midfielder but have concerns that he would hamper the chances of the club’s other budding youngsters.

Tino Anjorin signed a new deal with the Blues last month after making his first-team debut in March.

In February, United first-team coach Nicky Butt said he would be disappointed if “unbelievable talent” Gomes left.

 

 

Butt said: “His work ethic, the way he approaches training every day, and the way he approaches games whether he’s playing for the reserve-team, the Under-19s, the first-team, is spot-on and he’s a very talented boy.

“If it all comes together then we’ve got one hell of a player on our hands.”

Tahith Chong, another of the Red Devils’ youngsters, signed a new contract in April.

Chong, like Gomes, has been on the fringes of United’s squad this season.

 

SOLSKJAER PROVIDES FITNESS UPDATE

United return to Premier League action on Friday with a trip to north London to face Tottenham.

Solskjaer confirmed in his pre-match press conference that Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe are the only absentees.

Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford are fit, but Solskjaer is unsure how many minutes they will play in their first game back.

Read more…

window.dojoRequire([“mojo/signup-forms/Loader”], function(L) { L.start({“baseUrl”:”mc.us2.list-manage.com”,”uuid”:”0dbf0c85a1d332bd7bb792371″,”lid”:”9014791a03″,”uniqueMethods”:true}) })

The post Solskjaer confirms decision looming over future of young Man Utd star appeared first on teamtalk.com.

Related posts

Carlo Ancelotti refuses to rule out return of nine-goal striker

admin

Jose Mourinho predicts ‘small changes’ as he digs out transfer rivals

admin

Man Utd strongly considering move for Chelsea man who ‘ticks all the boxes for Solskjaer’

admin

Leave a Comment